Sunday, October 9, 2011

Final Round of Formula D 2011

It was great to see the team working for perfection by providing not just an amazing Nitto Tire Mazda RX-8 but going further by providing instant footages after each practice run. As you can see on top of the Genius Tool box sits a Samsung flat screen television where I can park next to and take a look from a birds view. Kurt Gasper and Ed Bergenholtz got a bunch of good footages. I'm so thankful and honored to be driving for BR! Every event the team never fails to amaze me with new ideas and innovations!


During practice I was testing out the new taller gear ratio. With the extended Irwindale track layout we knew taller gears would be necessary. The Nitto Tire Mazda RX-8 felt completely different compared to last year Irwindale. My goal was to adapt to the updated gearing/power ratio as soon as possible.


Here we are lined up ready to go. Our first qualifying run was decent but the score was not. The judges gave us a 59 point run. I was surprised on how low the points were and knew we had to step it up for the next run...


So that's what I exactly did, I made a better 2nd qualifying run but still got a low score of 59... I was in shock and thought maybe there was an error on our points. So our spotter Ed Bergenholtz made sure it was correct and it was official that there were no errors. We were 2 points shy from qualifying. It was hard to swallow but we kept our heads up and spirits high.

On the brighter side we got to spend more quality time with all of our fans and take a bunch of pictures. Although this was not the way I wanted to end our season (result wise), I have no doubt in my mind that we'll come out stronger than ever in 2012! We're planning to train hard during the off season to make next season of Formula Drift a remarkable one!


I would like to thank Team Bergenholtz for all of their hard work, passion, patience, always going above and beyond for one another! I'm so grateful to have a team that is so dedicated and always believing in one another to achieve the grand prize.


Thank you fans and all of our sponsors for always rooting us on!! Nitto Tire, Mazda, Lucas Oil, Genius Tools, LS Auto, Enkei, Mazda Speed, Mazda Trix, Apexi, KW Suspension, K1 Speed, WPC, Steen Chassis, Tial, Seibon, Sparco, MoTec, CSF, Driveshaft Shop, RC and all of our supporters made it possible to run a great program and looking forward to 2012 being our year!

Cheers,


Joon Maeng
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joon-Maeng/128722220540577

No comments:

Post a Comment