Sunday, April 10, 2011

Drifting in the Long Beach Breeze


It was phenomenal to be behind the wheel of the Full Tilt Poker Mazda Nitto RX-8 for round 1 of Formula Drift. Media day on Tuesday was a success and felt confident for the weekend. I was so happy that we finished the day without any damage nor problems on the vehicle.



1st Qualifying run on Friday was a rough one. As I approached 10a with good speed, line, angle and all of a sudden I ended up hitting a slick portion of the track and had contact with the tire wall right after the transition. ( Sorry Team ) The team got the RX-8 together in no time and made it through our 2nd qualifying lap.


Our top 32 Battle was against our fellow Nitto Tire driver and Drift Alliance member Ryan Tuerck. I was so bummed that we got gapped on the straightaway and was trying my best to close the gap. I gave it all I had and shifted up to an extra gear on the HKS sequential transmission and drifted through the track as fast as possible but was not enough to go on to the Top 16 battle.


We had a productive team meeting after the event and will execute our ultimate plan to come out stronger for the next round of Formula Drift! I'm so hungry to bring the team what they deserve, "A Win" actually not a win but wins upon wins! With the calibration of every member of the Full Tilt Poker Mazda Nitto RX-8 team, I'm confident we're more than capable! It's only a matter of time.


By the way, thank you all for watching us on the live stream! We all appreciate your amazing support Drift/Race fans!


" No matter what breeze and storm we may face, our passion, drive and fire will be lit for eternity."


-Joon Maeng

1 comment: